Pro D3MORE THAN JUST RICKETS
The newly rediscovered anti-aging properties of the amazing sunshine Vitamin D.
Recent scientific studies have found that the level of Vitamin D in most people, while adequate to protect against rickets,
is not high enough to lower the probability of other medical conditions that may be caused by insufficient amounts of Vitamin D. 1
At the same time that doctors are discrediting the value of vitamins, minerals and supplements, more and more scientific
studies are coming out about their medical and therapeutic values. No vitamin has had more scientific studies recently published than the
rediscovered “Sunshine Vitamin” - Vitamin D.
Chronic Pain and Vitamin D
Life Expectancy and Vitamin D
Epidemic Influenza and Vitamin D
Cancer Prevention and Vitamin D
Decrease in Falls in seniors and Vitamin D
To increase your protection from cancer, chronic pain, decrease falls, and possibly protect yourself from influenza (without
the ineffective flu vaccine), I recommend a minimal daily dose of 5,000 IU of Vitamin D3. The scientific evidence points out that even
higher doses may be indicated for other medical conditions. This inexpensive, less than 10¢ a day, therapy may be the greatest
rediscovery of the 21st century.
1. Gerry Schwalfenberg, MD CCFP, Clinical lecturer in the Department of Family Medicine at the University of Alberta in Edmonton,
Canada“Not enough vitamin D” Can Fam Physician Vol. 53, No. 5, May 2007, pp.841 - 854 Copyright © 2007 by The College of Family
Physicians of Canada.
2. W. Michael Hooten, M.D., et al., “Lack of Vitamin D may Worsen Chronic Pain,” American Society of Anesthesiologists 2007 Annual
Meeting in San Francisco, California, October 13-17, 2007.
3. Philippe Autier, MD; Sara Gandini, PhD, “Vitamin D Supplementation and Total Mortality - A Meta-analysis of Randomized
Controlled Trials” Arch Intern Med. 2007;167:1730-1737.
4. Garland, Cedric F.; Grant, William B.; Mohr, Sharif B.; Gorham, Edward D.; Garland, Frank C. “What is the Dose-Response Relationship
between Vitamin D and Cancer Risk?” Nutrition Reviews, Volume 65, Supplement 1, August 2007 , pp. 91-95(5).
5. John J Cannell, Michael Zasloff, Cedric F Garland, Robert Scragg, Edward Giovannucci, “On the epidemiology of influenza” Virology
Journal 2008, 5:29 doi:10.1186/1743-422X-5-29 Publication date 25 February 2008.
6. Kerry E. Broe MPH, Tai C. Chen PhD, Janice Weinberg ScD, Heike A. Bischoff-Ferrari MD, MPH, Michael F. Holick MD, PhD, Douglas P. Kiel
MD, MPH (2007), “A Higher Dose of Vitamin D Reduces the Risk of Falls in Nursing Home Residents: A Randomized, Multiple-Dose Study” Journal
of the American Geriatrics Society 55 (2) , 234–239 doi:10.1111/j.1532-5415.2007.01048.x, February 2007.
7. Lone Simonsen, Ph.D., of George Washington University, Washington, and colleagues (Lancet Infect. Dis. 2007 [Epub
Probiotics are living microorganisms (bacterial or yeast) which, upon
ingestion in certain numbers, exert health benefits beyond inherent
If you want to lower your blood pressure, vitamin D and probiotics may
be just what the doctor ordered. If you are trying to reduce your risk
of diabetes, or lower your chances of heart attacks, rheumatoid
arthritis, or multiple sclerosis, colds , flu and many more
conditions, then vitamin D and probiotics should be at the front of
the line in your daily multi-vitamin supplement regimen.
As Pathogenic bacteria become resistant to antibiotics, scientists are
looking to other means to combat infections. We are seeing just the
infancy in the use of Probiotics and Vitamin D, both for health
maintenance and for treating different medical condition
Daily Minimum Recommendation for Vitamin D intake:
Get a Vitamin D blood test25(OH)D
Make sure your whole family has adequate blood levels of Vitamin D
this flu season (>50 80ng/ml). Most children and adults Vitamin D
blood level is <30ng/ml.
Adults .................................. 5,000 IU daily
Children ................................ 1,000 IU/25lbs
Chronic conditions....................... 10,000IU daily
At the first symptoms of a cold or flu 1,000IU/ lb. daily for 7 days.
50 lb daily 50,000IU daily.
100 lb daily 100,000IU daily.
150 lb daily 150,000IU daily.
200 lb daily 200,000 IU daily
Statements about products on this website have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.